Wednesday, September 10, 2008

wedding in a castle?



That's right. My cousin is getting married in a castle. Seriously. It's called Oheka Castle (http://www.oheka.com/default.asp). I technically wasn't actually invited for some reason, but since I went to the bridal shower, my Aunt and Uncle were able to squeeze me in. (Since every single person that hears that a wedding is in a castle wants to go, you know.) Well, that is where I will be on Friday... at a castle, seeing my cousin get married.


Do you know how much I feel like I'm stepping back in time and into a book just talking about the idea? "Oh, yes. I'll be heading to the Island on Friday... Visiting a castle of some sort for the happy union." And the attire is formal so my next thought is Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella - "The Prince is Giving a Ball..."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not calling because I know the wedding is tonight. Just want to let you know that tomorrow when I come up I'm giving you (to keep) an ARC by an E author. Thumbelina, Tiny Runaway Bride by Barbara Ensor is aimed at "smart girls" aged 7-11. It's a feminist retelling of the classic story from Thumbelina's point of view, using actual entries in her diary that have been "enlarged many many many times." You will love it.