Friday, September 19, 2008

someday my prince will come

Last week I went to my cousin Tracie's wedding at Oheka Castle. I have to say that it was really cool. Unfortunately, it was raining (cue: Alanis Morrisette's "Ironic"), but that made it interesting. When we got out of the car near the front doors, there were guys with umbrellas that came over to the car to walk us to the door keeping us dry. My mother looked so cute holding onto one guy's arm as he walked her on the cobblestone path. Inside was beautiful and elegant, but I was more focused on seeing my family than paying attention to the decorations. There were rose petals on the seats to throw after the wedding, but first they needed to get through the ceremony. Tracie had eight (I think) bridesmaids and she allowed the parents to bring their kids up with them so there were a few babies and toddlers.

Between the ceremony and dinner, I received voicemail from my sister urging me not to leave a glass slipper behind. No matter how cute a Prince might be, times have changed. These days, cell phone numbers or email addresses can be exchanged. There is no reason to leave my shoe behind if I met a cute Prince. (I love my sister...) Speaking of my sister, after the Best Man, Maid of Honor, and friend of the couple spoke, I wrote down some ideas of things that I want to talk about next year during my MoH speech. I have a lot of ideas, but the thought of formulating them and making the speech seems so final. Like she'll really be married and no longer share my last name. She already does not share my house, my city, or even my county, but, at least, now we still have the same last name.

Anyways, Saturday we looked into wedding flowers and Sunday we went to another country music concert. Ashlee Page, Cowboy Crush and Andy Griggs were the opening acts for the two headliners - Kellie Pickler and Trace Adkins. Kellie was amazing and hysterical. She has stories for all of her songs and talks about her ex-boyfriends by calling them pigs or other things because they cheated. She has this song "Best Days of Your Life" in which she basically tells the guy that the best days of his life are over and gone since they're no longer together. Another song basically says that the couple whose wedding she crashed won't make it a year so they might as well throw "Rocks Instead of Rice." Trace was also good (though not as good since he didn't have Kellie's personality), but he had this tendency for pelvic thrusts. Apparently, after he made the video for "One Hot Mama," his mother was not happy so he showed her "Honky Tonk Badonkadonk" before she could see it on tv and get mad. I had tears streaming down my face when he sang "Arlington" and that was the only song that my dad clapped for.

Other news? hmmm. I got my copies of Eclipse and Breaking Dawn from Amazon so I will be reading them and reviewing them soon.

No comments: