Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Birthday

So, the day after I saw Bucky Covington and Keith Anderson in concert (which was the day before my birthday), I invited a few friends back to the fair and we went saw Little Big Town. Of course, this time we sat in the back on bleachers instead of paying for better seats. I think that the only reason Chris and Rebecca attended the concert was to appease me and celebrate my birthday (it was the following day). Of course, we did wander around the fair a bit first and Rebecca actually bought tickets for us to go on rides. I never go on rides at the fair. At theme parks? Yes. At the fair? No. Anyways, they wanted to go on the swings, so I joined them (you know, the ride where swings fly around and around high up in the air). We also rode the ferris wheel, hoping to get stuck on the top to get a good view (though Chris wanted to literally get stuck on the top which reminded me of Mighty Joe Young), and we went through one of the funky house things where the floor moves and stuff.

Little Big Town was awesome, even if I didn't know a lot of their songs. I quickly learned a bunch of the choruses and sang along with all of the songs that I didn't know. The best part was when they played Good Lord Willing which is a song off of their extended album to be released in the fall. They had only played it one time in front of other people before that.

After the concert, we stopped by the 4H barn because my friend Anthony was dj-ing their dance. It was nice to see him since it had been so long, but we didn't really get a chance to chat because he suddenly had "fans," well, little kids making song requests.

We got home from the fair, we were upstairs hanging out with my mom, and I saw Rebecca and Chris both holding their cell phones. Suddenly both friends and mom began to sing Happy Birthday. I guess it was midnight.

On Sunday, we went to Albany to eat at the Barnsider restaurant. The filet mignon was so good. As was the surprise birthday cake that my family brought. Last time we went (Michelle had gotten her new job), I had a mudslide that was chock full of alcohol (it tasted too alcohol-y whereas it tasted like ice cream in Barbados). This time, I had an ameretto sour since it was the first drink I liked when I was 21. Now, I turned 24 on the 24th and had a lot of fun with my family and friends. (And yes, I still read YA novels.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And I am utterly SHAMED because I didn't realize until YESTERDAY that it was your Golden Birthday or whatever it's called, 24 on the 24th. Completely. Punish me as you see fit.

(Except, please don't make me wait until sometime AFTER I see dad tomorrow to get the UPS delivery that is arriving at the house for me today, because it's possibilities for wedding shoes and it's the utmost importance.)